Literary Birthday - 9 May
Happy Birthday, J.M. Barrie, born 9 May 1860, died 19 June 1937
- When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.
- To die will be an awfully big adventure.
- The life of every man is a diary in which he means to write one story, and writes another; and his humblest hour is when he compares the volume as it is with what he vowed to make it.
- The printing press is either the greatest blessing or the greatest curse of modern times, one sometimes forgets which.
- Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.
- Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
- You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
- Every time a child says I don’t believe in fairies there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
- God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December.
- The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does.
Barrie was a Scottish author and dramatist, best remembered as the creator of Peter Pan. Barrie was made a baronet by George V in 1913, and a member of the Order of Merit in 1922. Before his death, he gave the rights to the Peter Pan works to London’s Great Ormond Street Hospital.
You are beautiful. You are not your skin color, or your hair type or even the clothes that you wear. You are not how much or how little money you have in your pocket. You are not the grade you got on your midterm, and you are not what they say you are. You are what you need to be telling yourself…
Toda persona que mires, puedes ver el universo en sus ojos,
si realmente lo estás buscando.
Every person you look at,
you can see the universe in their eyes,
if you’re really looking.
LO MAS IMPORTANTE ES QUERER, QUERER SIEMPRE Y CON TODA LA FUERZA.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO LOVE, ALWAYS LOVE WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH
LOS 10 LADRONES DE TU ENERGÍA
Tenemos una carga de energía asignada, Armstrong le llamaba los latidos contados de cada cual; es nuestra responsabilidad utilizarla con medida y no desperdiciarla. Somos conductores de la fuerza Divina, tendremos acceso a ella siempre y cuando…